miércoles, 13 de noviembre de 2013

Oral tasks

JOB INTERVIEW

Here you have an example of a job interview; you can use it as amodel for your second oral task; then, you have the roles (interviewer and interviewee) for you to make up a new dialogue, remmeber the model is not compulsory to follow, it's just a guideline.

Interviewer:
Good morning, Mr Smith. Thank you for coming to meet me today. Please take a seat.
Interviewee:
Good morning. Nice to meet you.
Interviewer:
So, tell me about yourself.
Interviewee:
Well, my name is Robin Smith. I graduated from Gloucester University in 2007 with a 2:1 in Mathematics. Although I was unemployed for around 3 years during that time I was volunteering in a local homeless shelter. This is where I realised I wanted to be a chef. Since January 2010, I have worked as a waiter in a restaurant whilst training to be a chef.
Interviewer:
OK, good. Thank you. What would you say your strengths are? Or your best skills?
Interviewee:
I have really good teamwork skills. I can communicate well and I am always happy to help or support others in the team that may be struggling.
Interviewer:
OK. So what is your major weakness?
Interviewee:
Well, probably my attention to detail. Although people may think this is a strength. I sometimes spend a little too much time making sure it is perfect.

Interviewer:
What are your career goals? Or future plans?
Interviewee:
I would really like to settle in this area and therefore I plan to work here for a few years. I could introduce new ideas to the menu and make this restaurant into something really unique that people in this area can get really excited about.

 Interviewer:
What hours would be interested in undertaking?
Interviewee:
In reality, however many you’re offering. I’m a bit of a workaholic.
Interviewer:
OK, this sounds good. I think I have asked all my questions. Do you have any questions for me?
Interviewee:
Yes, I just wondered if there were any benefits for working at your restaurant? In my last job we got free soft drinks and one free meal per shift.
Interviewer:

Yes, we offer the same. Well, if that’s it, thank you very much for coming today. We will be in touch.
Interviewee:
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.

These are the roles you have; please, feel free to add any other trait you may think of.
 
Job Seeker
Your Name: Sam Spade
Work Experience: 2 years serving at a restaurant
Your Degree: Economics
Special Skills: Drivers License
Good Points: Funny, Communicative
Bad Points: Lazy

 Employer:
Company name: John’s Restaurant
Job Description: Cook
Job Salary: £10.00/hour
Location: Downtown Restaurant
Benefits and Incentives: Free dinners
Promotions and Raises: 3% raise per year

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario